Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Waiting is HARD!


I am surprised that it has been so long since my last post. I've been meaning to write, but work got really busy for a couple of weeks and I was hoping to have something good to report. The work has slowed down, but I really don't have anything else to report.

It's been three weeks since my interview and I am starting to get stressed out. I think it is time to get some of my thoughts and feelings down before I start having stress-induced problems. Really, there isn't anything bad happening, it's just my mind working overtime and the waiting that is starting to get me down.

I think the interview went well. I wasn't very nervous and I know I was able to share with them my knowledge in the field. They told me that they wouldn't be calling references until the first full week of July, so I really don't have any solid reasons to be so worried. However, there are several reasons why I am worried:

  1. I hope they liked the way I answered the questions. I think they were the best answers I could give at the time, but now, of course, I am doubting myself. It isn't that I answered any badly, it's just a worry I have.
  2. I realized after the interview, that our child welfare office usually hires young, just out of college people. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I was reminded of this during the interview when one of the people interviewing me looked younger than my kid and then again as I was leaving when I saw the very young man waiting for the next interview. I hope they will take a chance on an oldie like me. I have lots of knowledge and I plan on working for many years to come, so they won't lose out on hiring me.
  3. I really want this job. To be honest, most things I want usually don't come my way. I am not the luckiest person around and this worries me.
  4. I only have four months left of my contract. I HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER JOB! 
So, for these reasons and because it has been three weeks, I am starting to get worried. I feel like there is no way I am going to get this job and I really don't know what I will do if I don't. The logical part of my brain says that there are no reasons why I shouldn't get the job, but the emotional part is convinced that I won't. How will I tell my friends and family if I don't get the job? Thank goodness my mom doesn't know anything about it. If she did, she would be bringing it up to me every time she talked to me. I wouldn't have been able to survive the stress.

I think I feel better now. Only time will tell what happens. I'm hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment