Monday, March 23, 2015

It's time for a party

I decided several months ago that I wanted to have a tea party. There are several reasons for this decision and here are a few:
  • I love to bake
  • I love miniature things
  • I have several tea pots (I guess my mom thinks I need tea pots!)
  • I inherited a bunch of things that are perfect for a tea party (vintage tea cups, china, and linens)
  • It sounded like fun
So once the decision to have this party was made, who should I invite? Actually, this was the easy part. My former colleagues and I have a history of going out for tea. Once we even went to an old victorian house for a tea party. Now that I had the group of people to invite, what excuse could I use for the party? Well that wasn't hard either. One of my dear friends and former colleagues is moving to Minnesota soon and I wanted to have a party for him. Since he loves tea parties, I decided to throw the party in his honor. 

Once the invitations were sent out I realized that this would be a big undertaking if I was going to do it right, and I wanted to do it right! I had been pinning ideas for several months, so I had lots of good ideas. I started testing out recipes on my very willing friends...most were very good, so the menu was coming along in my head. I felt comfortable that I could handle the menu items, but I realized that I needed tea cozies for two of the tea pots. (Fortunately, one of my very close friends had made a tea cosy for my biggest tea pot.) So once again I turned to Pinterest and found some great tutorials on making tea cozies. 

Since most of my sewing projects are for little children, most of my scrap materials are in pastels and a bit cutesy. I didn't mind and I was sure my friends wouldn't either. Here are the end results:



My favorite is the one with the lambs and I wasn't surprised to find that my friends liked it too! I was pretty happy with the end results. My friend S and I decided to try one out and we found it kept the tea hot. Success!

It felt good to have this project done and I really did enjoy such an easy sewing project after a long time away from the sewing machine. Now that this project was completed, there was plenty more to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment